Results & Race Reports
Now Reading
Great action at Dean Moor! Pro Clean British Sidecarcross Championships Round 4 – Race Report

Great action at Dean Moor! Pro Clean British Sidecarcross Championships Round 4 – Race Report

The fourth round of the 2019 Pro Clean British Sidecar cross championships was held last weekend at Dean Moor in Cumbria hosted by the Iveston & Satley MCC.

Rain in the three days leading up to the event meant very little watering was needed on the day and the weather behaved until the end of the last race when the rain started to fall.

With over half a dozen riders and /or passengers missing through injury it was good to see twenty three crews come to the line.

In timed practice Stuart Brown / Josh Chamberlain once again posted the fastest time nearly three seconds quicker than defending champions Brett Wilkinson / Ryan Humphrey. In third place was the Irish driver Gary Moulds now teamed up with Australian Brian Anthony. Their only practice together was on the Saturday but that was seriously hampered by engine problems.

The first race started and again it was Stuart Brown who took the holeshot from Wilkinson with Moulds in third place and Jake Brown / Joe Millard in fourth. At the front Brown slowly pulled away from Wilkinson and went on to take the win. Moulds held third for a few laps but was being hounded by Jake Brown who finally got past to go on to finish third. Moulds finished in fourth place which meant that Anthony became the first ever Australian to score points in the British Championship.

Race two saw Moulds take the lead into turn one from Jake Brown with Wilkinson and Stuart Brown further behind. Jake Brown stopped on lap two with brake problems but quickly got going again but well down the field. Stuart Brown took the lead on lap three and soon after Wilkinson passed the Irishman as well. Moulds held onto third place for most of the race but was finally passed by Kinge / Gray. Jake Brown worked his way up to seventh place at the flag.

The final race of the day saw normal service reinstated for S.Brown as he shot into turn one in front of his son Jake Brown with Moulds, Kinge and Foden / Bijenhof tucked in behind. Further back was Wilkinson in about eighth place.

The two leaders never looked back and went on to finish first and second. The real race was for third place. Moulds held it to start with but had Kinge in his wheel tracks and shortly after Wilkinson joined in. With just over five minutes left in the race Wilkinson out jumped the Irishman over the table top to take third.

In the Experts class Tony Grahame / Charlie Ide continued their winning ways scoring a full house once again.
Stuart Brown now leads Jake Brown by forty one points with Kinge a further thirty two points behind in third place. The leader’s performance today was even more impressive when it is considered that passenger Josh was riding with a nasty hand injury.

The next round will take place at Wakes Colne on 11th August.